Recruiting and retainig Disability
Positively impact on the culture and performance of your business by getting the best out of your teams.
by Clare Kennelly
As well as the importance to employ more disabled people, it is equally imperative to ensure that those who are employed are supported to stay.
- Ensure that new employees are given the right support from their first day. Onboarding.
- Provide the right support for employees who acquire a disability while working for you.
- Identify and remove barriers to performance management practices and ensure progressive pathways
- Confidently have sensitive conversations with disabled staff about disability.
- Apply best practice and understand the legal practicalities of redeployment.
- Ensure your performance management policies do not disadvantage your disabled colleagues.